NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ABILITY TO WIN THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY BY UNITED STATES RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY, WITH PARENT PERMISSION.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: TAKE MAYIM BACK to SCHOOL by Texas Instruments Education Technology is an online only Contest that begins at 0:00:00 (CST) on 7/17/12 and ends at 23:59:00 PM (CST) on 9/30/12 ("Promotion Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, visit the Texas Instruments (TI) Calculators Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/TICalculators (the "Contest Website") on the Facebook Platform. Click on the Mayim Bialik tab to complete and submit an answer to the two posted questions.
Online entries must be completed by 23:59:00 PM (CST) on 9/30/12. No automated entry devices, bots and/or other programs and/or software are permitted for entry. All entries become the sole property of Texas Instruments Education Technology ("Sponsor") and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed answer submissions. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Limit one (1) Contest entry per person per question during the Promotion Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding answer submission, any entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of Facebook account submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an email address or Facebook account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address, and/or Facebook. Entrants may not participate with multiple Facebook accounts, nor may entrants use any device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Facebook accounts, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void. Only fully completed answer submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Texas Instruments, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Promotion Entities") are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: ONE winner will be selected to win the Grand Prize of Mayim Bialik coming to the winner's school to teach an integrated math and science lesson, plus the winner's classroom will win TI-Nspire™ CX handhelds for each student in the class, TI-Nspire™ CX Navigator™ System, Customized Teacher Training Program and Data Collection Tools. 12 First Place winners will receive a TI-Nspire™ CX handheld and 25 Second Place winners will receive an autographed poster of Mayim Bialik. All winners will be chosen in a selection based on the judgment of the judges during a judging period of 7/17/12 through 9/30/2012 from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined by Sponsor or its designee, the judges in this Contest, whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified by phone, mail and/or email at Sponsor's discretion. Winners will also be posted on Texas Instruments (TI) Calculators Facebook page.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Grand Prize winner's classroom will receive the classroom set of TI-Nspire technology, $8,000-$10,000 ("Prize"). Each of the 12 first place winners will each receive (1) one TI-Nspire CX, $165.00 ("Prize"). Each of the 25 second place winners will receive an autographed posted of Mayim Bialik.
Prize may not be substituted for cash equivalent, assigned or transferred. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of price permitted. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, resulting from acceptance of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- INTERNET: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to a entrant's or any other person's computer system which is occasioned by participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the award or in any notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor shall post notice on its Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/TICalculators as soon as practical after any action is taken and award any remaining prize from among all eligible entries received up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Any attempt by entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the Contest, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
- GENERAL RULES: By submitting a Submission, participating in the Contest in any manner, and/or accepting Prize, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, the other Released Parties and Facebook from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising out of participation in this Contest, and the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, the other Released Parties and Facebook from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising out of such winner's acceptance, use or mis-use of the Prize. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsors' decisions – which are final and binding. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted become the sole property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Grand Prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY, ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a further condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively, by final and binding arbitrations under the rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"); (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretations, enforcement and all proceeding at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney's fees, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS' NAMES: The names of the Grand Prize winner will be posted on https://www.facebook.com/TICalculators during the Contest and after verification. One winner will be chosen during the week of 10/1/2012.
- Sweepstakes void where prohibited.